What is Sustainability for STORY Hospitality?
To promote an environmentally-conscious focus within our hotels and among our team members
Continually look for ways to preserve and protect natural resources by reducing waste and energy, while providing experiences and service to our guests.
Continuous communication with our guests and creating awareness of our efforts while encouraging them to join us in the simplest practices to reach our goals.
Our 5 Pillars in Sustainability
This Eco-project is based on 5 interconnected pillars. It is impossible to think about nature, wildlife and an Eco-friendly life separately. These elements are all intertwined, like a group of Hawksbill Sea Turtles swimming through a marine current, if you improve something in our local environment, it will be projected to the rest of the world.
- REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
- PROTECT WILDLIFE – FLORA & FAUNA
- REDUCE WATER CONSUMPTION
- ENERGY CONSERVATION
- LOCAL CARE & FAIR TRADE
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
- Use recycled products
- Plastic Free
- Encourage “Reuse and Recycle” of the paper
- Mobile App
- Refuse The Straw
PROTECT WILDLIFE – FLORA & FAUNA
- Our landscaping team maintains nearly 55% of the
70,000 sq.m area of the resort
- Our lagoon is maintained by a dedicated lagoon team and is
home to wide variety of creatures
- Grass Carps
- Botanical Garden
- Beach Clean Up
- The coral restoration project
REDUCE WATER CONSUMPTION
- Encouraging guests to reuse their towels and Linen
- Mending leaking taps
- Water bottling plant
- Rain water harvesting
- Osmosis plant
- Aerators that reduce water consumption
- Sensor lights and light timers
- Encourage a “switch off policy”
- Optimize electricity consumption
- Smart lights in the guest rooms
- Solar lighting
- LED lights
LOCAL CARE & FAIR TRADE
- Use of all local products
- Maintain our own herbs, fruits & vegetable garden
- Use of Fair Trade, Organic and Rainforest Alliance certified products where possible.
- From ocean to table
- Local wellness
Download the sustainability project brochure for more information.